If you're a Queenslander, you know that renovating your house is practically a national pastime. Every few years, it seems like everyone in the state is either tearing down their old home and starting from scratch or slapping on a fresh coat of paint and calling it good. And why not? Queenslanders are a hardy bunch, used to dealing with all sorts of weather extremes. A little renovation never hurt anyone! So if you're thinking about giving your home a facelift, we've got some great ideas for you. Read on to find out more!
One of the easiest ways to modernise your home is to simply keep up with the latest trends. This doesn't mean that you have to go out and buy all new furniture or anything like that, but it does mean being aware of what's popular in home design right now. For instance, one of the big trends for 2022 is using natural materials like wood and stone. If you can incorporate these into your renovation, you'll instantly modernise your home.
Another popular trend is using bright, bold colours. So if you're thinking about painting your walls, consider a bright, cheerful colour like yellow or orange. A modern home is less cluttered and more streamlined than a traditional one, so get rid of any unnecessary pieces of furniture or decoration.
Here is another idea, make sure your home is well-lit! Natural light is always best, so consider adding skylights or bigger windows during your renovation. You can also create a sunroom or conservatory to really let the light in.
Let's face it, home renovations are rarely cheap. Unless you're one of those lucky people who have a spare room to convert into a home office, or you can do all the work yourself, chances are you'll be forking out some serious cash.
But what if we told you there were some renovations that actually worth your money? Ones that would add value to your home and make it look more expensive?
We know, we know - you're probably thinking "yeah right". But trust us, these seven renovations are definitely worth considering!
There are a few things that you can do to make your house look more expensive than it is. First of all, focus on the details. Small things like door handles, light fixtures, and cabinet hardware can really make a difference.
Secondly, don't be afraid to splurge on a few key pieces. A statement piece of furniture or a luxurious rug can really make your home look more upscale.
And finally, don't forget about curb appeal! First impressions are everything, so make sure your home looks its best from the street. This means keeping your lawn trimmed and tidy, and your gutters clean. You might also want to consider repainting your front door or adding some new plants.
1. Zero-Threshold Showers: These showers are becoming increasingly popular and for good reason. They're sleek, modern, and easy to step into - perfect for anyone with mobility issues. They can also make your bathroom look larger and more luxurious.
2. Cool Roofing: If you live in a hot climate, cool roofing is a must. It helps reflect sunlight and keep your home cooler, which can save you money on your energy bills. It's also eco-friendly and can help extend the life of your roof.
3. Kitchen benches: If you're planning a kitchen renovation, new kitchen benches are a great way to update the look of your space. There are lots of different materials to choose from, so you can find something that fits your style and budget. Great materials such as granite, marble, and quartz can really make your kitchen look more expensive.
4. New Windows: Old, drafty windows are not only ugly, but they can also be costing you money on your energy bills. Replacing them with new, energy-efficient windows can help save you money and make your home more comfortable.
5. Garage Doors: This is one of those home upgrades that you might not think of, but it can really make a difference. Replacing your old, worn-out garage door with a new one can give your home an instant facelift. Plus, it can also help improve your home's security and energy efficiency.
6. Landscaping: First impressions are everything, so make sure your home looks its best from the street. This means keeping your lawn trimmed and tidy, and your gutters clean. You might also want to consider repainting your front door or adding some new plants.
7. Exterior Painting: If your home's paint is looking faded or chipped, it might be time for a fresh coat. This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to freshen up your home's exterior and make it look more expensive.
8. Decking: A great way to add value to your home is to add decking. This is especially true if you have a pool - who doesn't love a poolside deck? Decking can also provide extra space for entertaining, and it can make your backyard look more polished and put-together.
9. Driveway: First impressions are everything, so make sure your home's driveway is in good condition. If it's cracked or old, consider having it resurfaced or replaced. This will not only improve the look of your home, but it can also add value.
10. Lighting: Adding new lighting fixtures is a great way to update the look of your home without spending a lot of money. Plus, it can also help improve the function of your space. For example, adding some task lighting in your kitchen can make it easier to cook and prep food. Or, adding some accent lighting in your living room can create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
These are just a few of the many great house renovation ideas that you can use to update your home. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today and see the difference a few simple changes can make.
If you don't know where to start, make sure to contact us at Livit Construction Brisbane. We provide a full service from design to construction and can turn your house into the home of your dreams. We have got you covered with a range of services like renovations, house rebuild, raise and build under, house extensions, etc. Give us a call today to learn more about our services.