How Much Does A Kitchen Makeover Cost?
With the influx of renovation popularity and the increased expense of purchasing new housing, many homeowners are looking to do a kitchen makeover. From facelifts to complete remodels, kitchen renovations can become expensive, but the good news is that the return on investment is high. Depending on where you live and the type of changes you make, you could see 50-80% ROI. Homeowners looking to remodel should set a budget as even the most high-end renovations may not equate to a higher ROI if your home ends up costing more than every house in the neighborhood.
The first step in a kitchen makeover is to plan what you want to do. For instance, if you plan to paint the cabinets, wait to replace the countertop until this is completed. Your contractor can help you determine the best course of action to ensure that you don't waste time or money. Some things to consider before getting started:
- Kitchen makeover cost vary according to the size, types, and range of changes. A small kitchen could cost as little as $6,000 or as much as $20,000. A large kitchen that only needs a few upgrades could be as little as $15,000, but the more extravagant homeowner may spend $50,000. There are many ways to save money and still end up with a beautiful, modernized kitchen.
- Even pre-made cabinets can be expensive, so think about painting, restaining, or resurfacing. Today's home decor options include a plethora of colors in cabinetry. Navy blue, black, sage green, gray, and buttermilk cabinets are all trends for 2021. If you own good quality cabinets, painting is definitely an excellent choice.
- The cost of replacing appliances can be slashed by shopping for scratch 'n' dent sales or purchasing a package of appliances. Many big box stores provide a discount on buying several kitchen appliances together.
- Countertops are a good place to spend more. This is because they are such a huge part of how the kitchen looks and feels. Additionally, the quality of materials used directly influences how the finished product holds up. Granite and quartz are often the top two choices as they are sturdy, aesthetically pleasing, and don't stain easily.
- Replacing lighting can be a large factor in giving your new kitchen the finishing touches. For a less expensive route, use lighting that can be replaced rather than adding recessed lighting. Recessed lighting is beneficial in creating a more well-lit area, so you may want to splurge if your kitchen is dark.
- There are many alternatives for a backsplash, and this is another area that will really make your kitchen pop! Using contrasting colors for countertops and backsplash produces a pleasing result.
- Changing out the flooring is a fairly inexpensive move that makes a big difference. The budget-friendly options are most likely ceramic tile or linoleum.
- Last but not least, a new sink and fixtures are sure to add a little something special. The under-mount sink is one of the most popular and gives a crisp, clean look.
While the pricing for kitchen cabinets, countertops, lighting, backsplash, and other touches can add up, the labor part has to be part of your budget as well. DIY jobs can often come out less than perfect, and it is best left to the professionals. Understanding the individual parts of the kitchen makeover cost may help to establish a budget.
- Painting, restaining, or resurfacing cabinets: $1,800 - $10,000
- Brand new cabinets: $5,000 - $30,000
- New appliances: $2,500 - $10,000
- Countertops: $3,000 - $15,000
- Lighting: $2,000 - $9,000
- Backsplash: $800 - $1,500
- Flooring: $2,000 - $15,000
- Sink and fixtures: $600 - $1,000
There are some details you might not think about that can make all the difference in the world. If your budget allows, consider these upgrades:
- Under-cabinet lights will provide extra lighting.
- A pull-out wastebasket is quite convenient, but remember that it will take up cabinet space.
- If you have the space, an island will provide additional workspace, seating, and a gathering place for family and friends.
Livit Construction features over 50 years of combined experience and is your kitchen renovation specialist! From design to build, our affordable pricing and excellent craftsmanship mean you get the best for less. Call us today to get started with your new kitchen: 0434 244 779. Your house will thank you!