If you haven't watched any of the home renovation shows, you must be living under a rock! From Chip and Joanne to Hilary and David and everyone in between, the home renovation fire has been lit for the last several years. Gutting kitchens, ripping up flooring, and taking down walls are normal for the stars of HGTV. If you are feeling the pull to reconfigure your existing home, Livit Construction is the best renovation contractor in Brisbane! Or maybe you want to start from scratch - Livit Construction is the best contractor to build your dream home!
Which Is Better?
There are pros and cons to both renovating and having a home built. That is probably the best place to start - make a list of the reasons for each choice. Some ideas are:
- Renovating Pros: You don't have to move everything, you get to keep the things I like about my current home while changing the things I dislike; costs may be less than buying a new home, improve the value of your home.
- Renovating Cons: May not be able to get everything you want due to your current home's wall perimeters, your house will be a mess during construction, it will cost more than you anticipate, it will take longer than you think.
- New Home Built Pros: You get to pick out all the colors, you will have everything new, no maintenance for awhile, a clean slate.
- New Home Built Cons: More expensive, may take longer, you may need to rent while you are waiting for the home to be built.
What Renovations Have The Best ROI?
If you decide to renovate, you should consider your ROI or return on investment. There are several good ways to increase the value of your home by making improvements. Keep in mind that ROI can vary significantly as building or supply costs rise or fall. According to www.remodeling.hw.net, when comparing cost versus value, the best ways to see an ROI are:
- Garage Door Replacement
- Manufactured Stone Veneer
- Minor Kitchen Remodel
- Fiber Cement Siding Replacement
- Vinyl Window Replacement
- Vinyl Siding Replacement
- Wood Window Replacement
- Wood Deck Addition
- Steel Entry Door Replacement
- Composite Deck Addition
- Fiberglass Grand Entrance
- Asphalt Shingles Roof Replacement
- Bathroom Remodel Mid-Range
- And more...
New Home Construction Options
The second option is to have a new home built from scratch. There is nothing more exciting than picking a location, choosing a floor plan, and designing your home from the floor up. From countertops to fixtures to faucets, a homebuyer can customize and personalize their space. The outside decisions include siding, colors, window style, and so much more. While this sounds exciting, it can become a little overwhelming as there are lots of choices to make in a short amount of time.
Some things to think about before you get started:
- Location - What area do you want to live in? Are there certain schools that you need to be near? How far away is your work?
- Bedrooms and bathrooms - How many people will live in your home? Do you need a home office or guest room?
- Type of home - Do you want a ranch-style home or a two-story contemporary place? Do you want a front porch or a grand entrance?
- Yard or no yard - Remember anything with a larger outdoor space will require lots of work but will provide a great place for outdoor barbecues and parties.
- Colors and style - Do you have existing furniture you want to use and if so, what will match? Are you looking for a more traditional or modern style?
- Additional elements - There are some things that are less expensive to add during the building process versus waiting until later. Do some homework on specialty items to determine what you should include in the original building of your new home.
- Resale - If this isn't your forever home, consider resale opportunities. Will the area you choose hold its value? Are the colors and style neutral enough that resale won't be difficult?
Whatever direction you decide to go, Livit Construction can help! If you are looking for the best contractor to build your dream home or home renovation builders near me, our expert service and top quality craftsmanship mean every job is done right the first time. Call us today to get started!